A mom's wishes for her sons

Wide open spaces, green squishy grass, dancing sprinklers to flit through, tires to swing from, cycles to exercise those little legs, friends to chase and play with, large mango trees to sprawl under...these are a few of the things I wish for my four year olds...

Wide open eyes, sparks of curiosity, opportunities to explore, search and seek a world of words, maths, cricket, soccer, music, friends, sleepovers, camps and lots of play....these are a few of the things I wish for my eight year old...

Wish I could play master chef...take 4 spoons of early years school program from the US or UK, slowly but steadily mix in 12 spoons of (toned down) primary and secondary education from India, and finally top it off with 4 or 5 spoons of University program from the US...

Comments

  1. We all have those wishes, don't we? Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh!!! That's more a dream, as there's no space in India for such wishes to come true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the inclusion of the words "toned down" :-)
    I agree with you. The best thing one can give to their children is proper values and good education, than ALL the wealth in the world!
    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Roopz...and am sure an educator with her head on her shoulders can make those wishes come true :)

    Pallavi, out of the 20 odd years, India has cracked about 12...and that's terrific! I agree the student numbers are huge and education priorities different, but I am sure over time we can do it...in fact India scores well in the last 4-5 years category too :)though not too well in the first four...i still remember my teary eyed kindergarten days...amma says I cried for all of two years :(

    Yes of course, Sal...without toning down, the Indian system would be a tad too rigid :( But I certainly like a system that makes one study the maths tables from 1 to 12 in grade 2 or 3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. May be some day..... *dreaming*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how you feel and where this post stems from. Really like the way you have narrated the whole experience. You are very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dreaming, yes...some day, most certainly yes, Shail!

    You are being too kind, Vanitha! The guys have settled down...yet, i long to mix and match :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its a good one, Ganges.. Keep writing.. All your blogs are good..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is that you, Sachu? Hey, good to have you here! Thank you, glad u liked the blog :)

    Archie, :)))

    Btw, dear readers, my good friend Vanitha and I are trying to mix the first two ingredients here in Singapore...fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts