For 10 minutes...

Photo by brazil topno from Pexels


I love my kids, but boy, do I empathize with Parvathy!

Every girl, divine or otherwise, is entitled to her own moments of solitude...at least in the shower.

I can understand why Parvathy posted Nandi to prevent anyone from disturbing her bath. When Nandi couldn't stop the Lord and Master Shiva from entering his own home, Parvathy went to the extent of creating a boy she could call her own, just to ensure that nobody, and did she mean it...nobody... enters her abode without her permission.

Sigh! Wish I could do that...if Parvathy had one Shiva to handle, I have three little Martians who seem to be under the delusion that they own their mom's life...each and every minute of it.

In a house with an utterly imbalanced share of testosterone, a girl sometimes needs her own quiet space...even if the only own quiet space is a 5X5 feet bathroom. But no, the little Martians can't let their lady love out of sight for a minute :(

As I pluck off a Spiderman sticker from the back of my hand, turn on the tap for a cool shower and the first drops splatter onto my hot, tired face...there comes a firm knock on the door, followed by a series of demanding thumps..."For God's sake, kids...i am just going to take a few minutes#@$%^&*"

"I have to tell you something, just right now."

Why do kids have to take Art of Living principles to the extreme? Live in the present, okay, but just right now? every time? #@$%^&*!

A white towel draped around an irate and dripping me, I open the door and do my freezing act..."Okay. what. do. you. want?"

One of those coy acts...sashaying from side to side, eyes abashedly flitting from me to nowhere..."Nothing"...another cute smile...

Swallowing the smile that's threatening to swamp my face, I try in vain to preach a basic lesson in respecting privacy.....but by now that smile refuses to stay swallowed and breaks out, completely erasing any lesson on privacy I was hoping to teach :(

Yet, hope springs eternal in the human heart and besides, I do need those ten minutes. So I persist. Now the knocks start only after 5 minutes. I hope persistence will pay off and they'll drop their Art of Living stuff and let me be...for those 10 minutes...after which I am all ready to plunge back into being licked and loved :)

Comments

  1. Ahhh How I empathize with this post!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said.. somehow.. pops seem to have their space rather than the moms.. A son's birth right on mom's every nano sec...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh heh, for once I am glad that I have just one to deal with. And in my case, the testosterone is demanding minority status

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shail, I can imagine!

    Hey Sid, great to have you drop by! You said it...pops don't have kids sticking to them like sticky glutinous rice :(

    Minority status...lol, Roopz :)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. hee hee - if jun is at home, i always wait for BEN 10 to come on tv and then no one misses me!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ganga, I was having a rough day till now. I smiled from the first line to the last...and am still smiling!!!
    I think I should call off my next meeting because I am not going to get any of my work done
    :P :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute!! Brought out a nice big smile :-)) Can totally empathise with the bathroom knocks...,my 2-year old does the same :-)

    Blessed are you, for having so much lack of privacy ;-)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Archie, i love the magic box too! But somehow shower time seems to escape its lure :(

    Miaow!!! :))))

    Pallavi, you said it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a new person here in blogspot... just blog hopping to read good blogs. I hope you won't mind me leaving a comment :-) I have a son too... and I can empathize... with you!But slowly he is trying to understand what privacy is... though he still needs to shape up to my expectation. I got him the 'Bal Ganesh' CD where he understands Parvathy's privacy even better! I hope someday he will keep up with my expectation! I enjoyed reading your post! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi bubbly, good to see you here! glad u liked the post...i guess most moms can empathize...how much ever we love them, we do need those little breaks...once a doting mom told me that her ideal holiday is one without any little darling sticking to her :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, we keep looking forward to those ideal holidays and occasional breaks. But those holidays are spent missing our darlings and thinking how they are doing!!! Motherhood is sometimes strange. Nicely written...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good blog! I truly love how it' s easy on my eyes and the facts are well written. I am wondering how I can be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your rss feed which should do the trick! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Thanks, glad you liked it :) I have been taking a break from my online world, but hope to be back early next year :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts